Jennifer Gilmore Photography's Fan Box

Jennifer Gilmore Photography's Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - St. Joseph's Hopsital in Orange

I got a call a week ago from a mother in tears. Her daughter was pregnant with identical twin boys and one had not survived the pregnancy. The other was scheduled to be delivered via c-section in about a week. They had contacted Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and found me as the photographer they wanted for this time in their life. I did this a few months ago when I was first pregnant with C. No one knew I was pregnant, hormones were crazy, but I felt like I had to donate my time to this couple that was dealt such a hard thing in life at the moment. I got a few more calls while I was pregnant, but because I was so big, I recommended I probably not be the photographer so that the couple is not offended of my appearance. I was glad I was able to donate my time to THIS couple. After yesterday, everything seems to stand still. I sit back and reflect on what is important in life. I am so grateful for my family. Sometimes I think life rushes by so quickly, I get into a routine, and I forget to stop and absorb everything I have been blessed with. I know this is a hard time for the H family - and that they will never move on - but hopefully with time they will be able to move forward.
The sweet couple before going into surgery to meet their two sons.
Photobucket

Last - I know not everyone is religious, but my friend posted this song on her blog because she knows a 7 month old that just passed -and they sang it at his funeral.

I am a Child of God and he has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday.

I am Child of God and he has called me home.
My earthly journey’s through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with opens arms. I live with Him Today.

I am a Child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.

I am a Child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I’ll lead you, guide you, walk beside you, help you find the way.
I’ll welcome you with open arms one bright celestial day.

2 comments:

Scott and Amy said...

Love you girl. I love the pictures I have of Joseph. I know this couple will love the pictures you took for them!! your amazing jen.

Joanna said...

Tears. Streaming. Down. My. Cheeks.